Saturday, April 25, 2009

Alaska Heart Run

I've found its hard on my pride to see an older man with a belly passing me in a race... so with that image grounded in m mind I'm going to make a more thorough effort to get to the gym!

My lungs finally feel like they can take in a sufficient amount of air without hurting.. Finally!
Matt and I had the opportunity to participate in the 2009 Alaska Heart Run at 9am on 4/25. It was a first for the both of us and now that its over I can say that I really did enjoy it. It was Matt's first time ever running a race which I found surprising because he did so much better than myself. There was a point where I needed to walk to catch my breath. Of course he grabbed my hand and walked with me but he could have kept going and had a better finish time. (Just bragging about how awesome my love is:)

The course ran from the starting point at UAA arts building to providence drive, down to the Elmore and Tudor intersection, back track back to providence drive, up through the APU campus where we pop out yet again on providence drive, ending at the UAA art building again. The roads were closed off from traffic and packed full of crowds of people. It was great seeing how many people participate!

2 comments:

Waltonians said...

So glad you have Mr. "Delicious" to bring so much Joy to your life. I'm so happy for you! We are so glad to have Matt in the Family :)

Mrs Buchanan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Libby has me preparing for a 5k run in June. Let's hope that I will be prepared for it!